Here is a list of the many different factors that can make a man infertile:
- Obesity can make a man infertile because it can cause a hormonal imbalance like hypothyroidism.
- Severe damage to the nerves, also known as, diabetic neuropathy, can have an effect on a man's fertility.
- Suffering from hypogonadism, which occurs when the male testacies do not develop properly can contribute to male fertility issues.
- Genetic conditions can impair a man's sperm production; Down syndrome is a good example of this.
- A condition called Varicocele, where the veins inside of the scrotum are enlarged, can lead to a man's infertility problems.
- The man could be suffering from testicular torsion, which results in a blockage of the blood supply to the testacies.
- Testicles that are un-descended can also make a man infertile. This condition occurs when the testes do not drop properly into the scrotum.
Diseases that Can Make a Man Infertile:
- Different auto-immune deficiencies can cause a man's body to attack his own sperm.
- Sickle cell anemia
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- STD's such as genital herpes and gonorrhea
- Infectious diseases, like the mumps
- Reproductive organ infections, like epididymitis and prostatis
Other Factors that Can Make a Man Infertile :
- Certain prescription medications, like phenytoin and cimetidine
- Taking supplements like anabolic steroids
- Chemotherapy treatment
- Consuming a diet that is low in lycopene and folic acids that are found in different plants like tomatoes
- Over-exercising can lower the level of testosterone in your body which will decrease the production of sperm making a man infertile
- Being exposed to toxins like mercury, pesticides, or lead
- Frequent hot tub or hot bath use
- Drugs used for recreation such as methadone, marijuana and even alcohol
- Sexual disorders like ED or premature ejaculation
- Wearing too tight of underwear or pants
- Working somewhere that requires you to constantly be seated, which will increase the scrotums temperature.
This is just a broad list of some of the many factors that can make a man infertile.