Motility is a distinct characteristic of a sperm cell to move and swim towards the egg in order to stimulate fertilization. It refers to the strength and endurance of sperm cell thus, low motility most often results to male fertility problems. Several ways on how to increase sperm motility believed to be effective include eating the right foods and taking herbal supplements..
Here are 5 simple ways on how to increase sperm motility and combat male infertility..
1. By taking vitamin E supplement. Vitamin E protects the body against free radicals and unstable molecules that can damage our reproductive system..
2. Experts advise another effective approach on how to increase sperm motility through eating the right foods. Zinc rich foods such as oysters, help improve motility and maximize semen volume. Other food groups that are rich in zinc include liver, lean red meat, nuts and grains..
3. By eating selenium rich food. Selenium is used by testes to make selenoprotiens, a vital protein used to boost semen production. Examples of selenium rich food are eggs, brewers yeast, brazil nuts, seafoods and garlic..
4. By eating foods rich in L-carnitine. Sperm production uses an amino acid called L-carnitine. Medical reports show that sperm motility and quality are enhanced within the span of 4 months by increasing the intake of amino acid L-carnitine. Food groups that are rich in L-carnitine are lean meat, and dairy products..
5. By taking herbs like maca root and ginger. Both herbs have been used by other cultures and were proven to be non-toxic. It is used in traditional Chinese and South American medicine to prevent infertility in men..
The ways on how to increase sperm motility can’t be simpler! With a few dietary changes, herbal medicine and time, one can improve sperm motility and increase your chances of conceiving a child..
There are no magical drugs or potions that directly increase sperm motility. However many men have found using natural herbal supplements as a great approach on how to increase sperm motility. These special herbs, which are formulated to promote overall male sexual health, prove to be effective in helping sperm cells become more fertile and motile.