The medical term for headache is Cephalalgia. It is one of the most common problems and is characterized by pain in head or in the neck area. The problem of headache generally occurs due to internal problems of body. The main causes of headache are allergies from alcohol, liver, chocolate, milk and all other milk products. It can also be due to small disorders such as diarrhea or sneezing a lot.
Other causes for headache might be eyestrain, hangover, sugar level in the blood low, deficiency of nutrients in the body, tension and intoxicated body system.
Some homemade remedies for headache are described below in detail.
1. Make lemon juice from two to three slices of lemon and mix it with a cup of tea. Apply the lemon plaster thus made on the forehead with the help of the paste out of the lemon crust. You can also put fresh lemon rinds on the forehead.
2. Remove the inner portion of an apple. After skinning it add a little amount of salt and eat it every morning without drinking or eating anything else prior to that for one week.
3. Vinegar rubbed on henna flowers when applied on forehead is very effective. It will relieve the headache caused due to the intense heat of the sun.
4. Mix cinnamon with water and make a paste of the same. Apply the paste on the forehead and the temple. This will relieve headache due to overexposure to cold air.
5. In one liter of water place a handful of rosemary and boil it. Place a towel on your head and inhale the steam coming out of the boiled mixture by trapping it with the help of the towel.
Some more home remedies for headache:
Make a paste of water and cinnamon by mixing 1 tablespoon of water with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Apply the paste on your forehead, lie down, and rest for 20-30 minutes. Then wash the paste off with warm cloth.
Take a cloth and dip it in warm water, squeeze and apply on your forehead. Close your eyes and rest for a while.
Stir 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of cold water and drink.
Drink thick natural grapes juice daily to treat your headaches.
Drink a lot of water every day; make sure you are not dehydrated.
Apply a few drops of rosemary oil on your chest, lie down and breathe deep for a few minutes.
Drink a cup of warm coffee when you have headaches. Take small sips and try to relax.
Lie down in a dark room, put a towel on your forehead and put an ice pack on the towel. Lie down like this for about 20-30 minutes, close your eyes, breathe deeply, and try to relax.
Slice a potato, take the slices and apply on your forehead and rest for 20 minutes.
Peel 1 cucumber, take the peels tie them to the forehead with a cloth. Rest with the cucumbers peels on your head for 15-20 minutes and your headache will be gone in no time.
During headache you should take proper care of your diet. Failing to do so would result in the increase of headache. The best and the simplest ways to avoid headache are proper nutrition, physical exercise regularly and positive mental exercises.
Initially you need to undergo a short fasting during which you should take juice made of only citrus fruit diluted with water. Take it everyday at a time span of two hours from morning eight to evening eight. Later on eat only those foods that are digested easily. Eat fresh and dried fruits for breakfast and eat cereals, potatoes, wheat bread and rice for dinner. You must drink a lot of fresh water every day. You can also add a teaspoon of honey in water for better results.