Whatever your sporting goal – whether it's to lower your body fat, boost your performance, or just to build lean muscle – your program should not fail to work out.
Because of the accumulated muscle mass, you also burn more calories even when you rest – so, the love handles will reach your cervix faster.
Address of large muscle groups
But not all exercises have the same positive effect on your body. Some are more, others less effective. However, a specific exercise should not be forgotten in your workout program.
"I would recommend strength training sessions that use as large a muscle group as possible," said Audra Wilson, certified coach, during an interview with the "POPSUGAR" portal.
One of the best exercises are Deadlifts. Because the deadlift does not only target the muscles of the legs and buttocks.
Moreover, it is a complex movement in which the back, the abdominal muscles and the upper body also serve as support.
Muscle strengthening throughout the body
"All compound exercises are excellent for fat loss, building muscles throughout the body, increasing metabolism in the long run," added coach Rachel MacPherson.
The stronger you get, the more weight you can handle over time. "The effort required to achieve this will increase your heart rate, your metabolism and burn fat."
Functional movement in everyday life
The deadlift is also a functional movement that you can use in other areas of life. For example, pick up something on the floor without tiring your back.
If you are just starting to work out or do not have a bar, you can do the exercise with dumbbells or a kettlebell.
Focus on good performance first, before putting on heavier weights. These can then be gradually increased and adapted to your abilities.
The good performance of the deadlift
Here's how you perform weightlifting
- The starting position is the support hüftbreite: get on your knees and push your hips backwards.
- Grab the dumbbell slightly wider than your hip. Position your hands at best for you.
- Important: Keep your back straight and your chest parallel to the floor.
- Get up by pushing your hips forward and pulling your shoulders back. Keep the tension throughout the upper body.
- During this movement, lift the dumbbell off the ground so that the bar is directly above your feet.
- Keep your feet on the floor and stretch your legs almost completely. This completes a repetition.
And again: a correct execution is very important. Improper technique can quickly cause back injuries, which are easily avoided.
To know more