Emma Jenkins wanted to refresh herself briefly on vacation in the pool, but a week later began for her a martyrdom that almost ended with her blind.
She was on vacation with her family in Scotland. As it was very hot that day, Emma Jenkins went for a swim in the pool. However, the Englishwoman let her contact lenses come in. After all, she also wanted to see something in the water.
Two mothers almost lose their sight because they left their lenses in the pool
But this error should prove fatal, because only a few weeks later she lost sight of one eyeThis is reported by the British Sun. Already a week after the holidays, the eye of 39 years hurt. She suspected that she had an infection and therefore consulted her family doctor. He prescribed the drops of the double mother. But these did not help – on the contrary.
Only three days later, she became blind from the left eye. Jenkins immediately went to the hospital. There, the doctors finally discovered that Wear contact lenses in the swimming pool nested and multiplied bacteria at. These had finally caused an ulcer, which had gradually destroyed the cornea.
Also interesting: The woman has a mysterious eye infection – for a spicy reason.
Jenkins must be transplanted into the cornea – but she has learned some lessons
The doctors also gave him drops every hour, but that did not help. In the end, the Briton had to undergo surgery – and her foreign cornea was transplantedThe broken cloth was replaced and Jenkins was finally able to see again in his left eye. However, that will go never find his vision at 100% can.
Learn here: Does your child have that white glow in his eyes or did he turn it on? Then quickly to the doctor,
Although the mother, who was twice, continues to wear lenses, betrayed them to the British newspaper. Today, only use disposable lensesthat she changes every day to avoid any inflammation.
Read also: Dreifach Mama uses an old makeup – then she faces pure horror.
More on this topic: The athlete takes a shower with contact lenses – a little later, he is blind +++ Attention: sensitive content.