Those who like to eat Asian have probably eaten countless times: Chicken curry. For a man from Wales who had terrible consequences.
It was a normal day in the life of the Brahams of Wales: Father David saw his seven-year-old son play rugby at Liberty Stadium in Swansea. Shortly before, he had gone to get a curry chicken in a café-terrasse. During the match, the 40-year-old became bad. What he did not suspect at the time: in the coming weeks, he will have to fight for his life.
The consequences of food poisoning by chicken meat
"I did not feel well, I felt a bit windy that night and I got very sick on the weekends," said the father of three at the English Daily Mail information portal. The following is terrifying, according to Braham: At first, just a tingling sensation, Braham did not feel his limbs overnight. A facial paralysis down past the former driving instructor!
In one clinic, the doctors had to put him in an artificial coma for four weeks to keep him alive. Food poisoning, likely caused by curry chicken meat, led to David Braham's rare Guillain-Barré syndrome – An autoimmune disease that occurs after an infection and is associated with paralysis. The bacterium Campylobacter is at the origin of the disease, during which the immune system attacks the kidneys.
Read also: The man eats a lizard after a bet – what happens then is bloody,
"I did not think I could walk again."
The paralysis did not just mean that Braham could not walk – he was no longer able to speak and breatheSo he was connected to a ventilator at the hospital for four months. "It was hell, I did not know if I would see my children again and I never thought I could walk again," said Braham, continuing, "It's my children's thought. who pushed me forward I fought for them, I did not think I could survive. "
But the 40-year-old manages to achieve the incredible: eight months after arriving at the Princess Wales Hospital on April 10, 2018, he can stand for himself without help. Since September, he is undergoing treatment at Llandough Hospital in Cardiff. He receives daily physiotherapy, occupational therapy and aquatherapy,
Women eat pumpkin soup – A little later, they find themselves in the emergency,
Hypotheses after Guillain-Barré syndrome: return to the gym
In the interview, the father of three said: "I had to learn to wash and brush my teeth, it took me three months to get my legs moving." Furthermore "It was like being a baby and relearning how to do simple thingsMy mind knew how to do it, but my body just did not answer. "
Young mother wakes up with nasty abdominal cramps – The reason is strange,
On December 8, it finally happened: Braham was allowed to go home and spend time with his children. Although he is probably still being treated at the hospital until March, he has two well-defined intentions: he wants to sit down at his family's Christmas dinner and returns to the gym there. 39 next year.
A woman eats chicken and diesA few days later, the family experiences the tragic reason.
Read also: Woman eats in a noble restaurant of the German starred chef – a little later she is dead