Sarah Ferguson, 59, has been in the public eye for more than 30 years, but it is only now that her uncle John has been known to have been killed by an allergic reaction. That's what 59-year-old Prince Andrew's ex-wife told ITV as part of his sponsorship of the Natasha Allergy Research Foundation.
Sarah Ferguson reports a tragic accident
The tragic incident occurred several years ago, while Sarah was not born yet. "My uncle died at age ten in front of a crab sandwich at Brancaster Beach and my father was never the same again – he was on the beach with his nanny – he was not even with my grandmother. mother or father – he was alone with the nanny and died in minutes, "says Sarah Ferguson.
Patron of the "Natasha Allergy Research Foundation"
The Natasha Allergy Research Foundation is a non-profit organization named after Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, engaged in allergy research. Natasha died in 2016 at the age of 15 because she had eaten a sesame seed sandwich at Heathrow Airport in London and that she had had a allergic reaction. His parents, Tanya and Nadim Ednan-Laperouse, who founded the organization, are currently working on a law requiring all food companies in England and Northern Ireland to list all ingredients in packaged foods. The promulgation is scheduled for the summer of 2021.
Proud post on Instagram
Fergie testified only through the collaboration with Tanya and Nadim Ednan-Laperouse acknowledged what her grandmother, so John's mother, had to undergo. It is therefore very important for her to participate personally in allergy research and the new law.
On Instagram, the Duchess shared a photo with the founders of the foundation and wrote touching words: "We must make his death a turning point and support the search for a cure, and I am proud to have been invited to sponsor by @natashasfoundation "We are pleased that the government has today enacted Natasha's Allergy Support Act, but much more needs to be done to advance research."
Sources used: itv.com, people.com